We Use Common Tracking Technologies
We, along with our vendors, use several common tracking technologies on our website properties and in our mobile applications to collect information about your computer or device. These may include browser cookies, local shared objects (such as “Flash” cookies), mobile advertising or device IDs, analytical tools, or other technologies. We use these tools to: Acknowledge our customers and visitors. Store your information if you are registered on our site. Improve our websites, services, and functionality. Better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors. Assist with marketing and serve you with advertising and other content in which we think you will be interested. To do so, we may observe your behaviors when you interact with us on our properties, like websites or emails, or on other websites, we do not control. We may also use information about your browsing history or your current interaction with our website properties or mobile applications that we collect from you or obtain from vendors. We share with, and collect website cookie IDs, web beacons, mobile device IDs, and similar technologies, from our ad partners and vendors like Adobe to serve you interest-based advertising. Coordinate with our partners, including through a Co-Op membership with Adobe, using de-identified data, to serve you our interest-based advertisements across various devices. Perform analytics. Prevent and investigate fraud.
You Can Control Cookies
Our browser may give you the ability to control or reject certain types of browser cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Browser cookies, which are stored in your browser, can be controlled (deleted or blocked) by using your browser settings. Local shared objects, such as the “Flash” cookies associated with Adobe Flash Player, are stored outside of your browser, elsewhere on your computing device. For more information on how to disable Flash cookies, please visit adobe.com. If you block cookies on your browser, certain website features may not work, including mechanisms used to honor advertising opt-out choices you may make.
Our Ads May Be Served Based on Tracking
We may work with online advertising companies to show you relevant and useful ads including ads displayed on our website and the websites of other companies. These ads may be based on information collected by us or other parties (for example, when you register for a site). These ads may also be based on your activities on our website or other websites. This is called “online behavioral advertising.” Some companies that play a role in the online behavioral advertising process may have sufficient information to identify you. To learn more about online behavioral advertising, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
You Can Limit Online Behavioral Advertising
Ramped Market is committed to adhering to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To limit online behavioral advertising/cross-device tracking by participating companies and to learn more, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page. In addition, you may opt-out of this type of advertising, as it pertains to Adobe, by using Adobe’s opt-out tool as made available by Adobe. Our site will, on some pages, cause your social network cookies to be transmitted to the social networks to which you belong, together with the “URL” of the Ramped Marketing web page you are visiting. This happens because of the social network widgets we use on some web pages to make it easy for you to interact with social networks. Depending on the policies of the social networks to which you belong and your user settings with those services, your social network may be able to track your browsing history. This information may be shared with social networks even if you are unaware of the presence of the widget or do not “click” on the widget. For more information and to control the data you share with social networks, you should consult the privacy policies and documentation of the social networks to which you belong. Ramped Marketing uses advertising partners to serve you interest-based advertising. We share mobile advertising IDs with our advertising partners for this purpose. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising by selecting the “limit ad tracking” or equivalent setting in your mobile device settings.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Ramped Marketing customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information within the Ramped Marketing family of companies unless you expressly authorize it, or it is permitted or required by law, or your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- \We may share customer information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
We Protect Customer Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain customer information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
Customer Information We Collect
We collect customer information in different ways. For example, we gather information from: applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with Ramped Marketing representatives, including our agents use of Ramped Marketing®, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements, transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting, and claims, within the Ramped Marketing family of companies. Non-Ramped Marketing parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories, and credit information.
How We Use Customer Information
We use customer information, sometimes including consumer report information, to do things such as:
- Underwrite and rate your policies and accounts.
- Process your claims.
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- Provide proper billing.
- Confirm your identity and service your policies and accounts.
- Enhance your customer experience and improve our products and services.
- Offer you other insurance and financial services products.
- Develop and offer new products and services.
- Develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove personally identifiable information so the information is no longer customer information.
- We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes as permitted by law.
- We share and use this data within our Ramped Marketing family of companies, with third-party service providers, or with other unaffiliated entities which performs other activities as required or permitted by law.
How We Share Customer Information
We share customer information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you (such as an auto claim), within our Ramped Marketing family of companies and with Ramped Marketing agents to help meet your product and service needs. We share customer information inside or outside our family of companies:
- For our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted (such as with consent or as necessary to complete a transaction you request) or required by law.
- As needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
- With consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit.
- With companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
- As needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
To Limit the Sharing of Customer Information Within the Ramped Marketing Family of Companies
We share customer information within our Ramped Marketing family of companies so, for example, we do not have to ask you for the same information again. If you prefer to limit sharing information such as your driving record, claim history with other companies, and credit information, call your Ramped Marketing agent. Please note, your choice:
- Will apply to joint policyholders or account holders on shared policies and accounts.
- Does not limit Ramped Marketing from sharing certain customer information about your transactions or experiences with us for our everyday business purposes or public policy purposes.
- Does not limit Ramped Marketing from sharing customer information in the event of a transfer, between Ramped Marketing companies, of all or a portion of a line of business.
Information for Internet, Mobile, Social Media Users and Other Important Information